Skip to main content

A Flurry of FOs

There’s nothing I love more than when I have two FOs.  This week it’s a pair of socks and a book.  My new stripeys are January’s entry for the KAL I’m participating in.

January Socks: Canon Hand Dyes Horse of a Different Color
I also cast on my mom’s belated birthday socks.  With the Blizzard of 2016, I’ve had plenty of time to knit, so I’m hopeful I’ll have another FO to post next weekend.

Besides knitting, it’s been a DIY-kind-of week.  We tried a new cookie recipe from a new-to-me-blog.  Not only are they simple to make, but they are delicious.  We will definitely keep this recipe in our cookie-making rotation.

Oreo Cream Cheese Cookies
I also experimented with personalizing some ceramic coffee cups and cork journals.  Stay tuned for future pics.

I destashed five skeins of yarn this week, but also added another stripey.  I love the juxtaposition of these colors: terracotta, dark grey, and soft teal.

String Theory Colorworks Enceladus
I was tempted to add a few more STCW creations to the stash – I’m looking at you Lagoon Nebula and Atmosphere.  
String Theory Colorworks Lagoon Nebula
String Theory Colorworks Atmosphere
But if I’m being honest with myself, both these colorways exist in my stash, albeit by different dyers.

For those hunkered down on the east coast, I hope you’re getting a flurry of FOs complete too.  Until next week, bon tricot.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Basics

The first week back after a long holiday is always the hardest.  I also find it’s where I tend to lose focus of my goals…and so it went this week for journaling and the yarn diet.  While I managed to journal four nights in a row, I missed three by week’s end.  I also fell off the destash wagon visiting a charming LYS seven minutes from a conference I was attending for work.  I don’t feel as badly about that relapse since I bought a non-fingering weight yarn in a 100% marled alpaca.  They also had some knitting notions that I’ve only seen online – bamboo chunky circs and a Knit Kit. The Knitting B, Richmond, VA But how to explain the sock yarn purchase?   FOMA (fear of missing out).   One of my favorite dyers posted a 24-hour- only skein to celebrate her 6,000 th sale on Etsy.   Those exclusive speckles did me in. Canon Hand Dyes by the amyleeshow on Etsy This week has shown me that it’s easy to get off track, so before I ...

A Tale of Two Toques

I finished my Chelsea Market Hat this past weekend using Madelinetosh Chunky in Reindeer.  This was a fun project.  I had originally queued this hat up to use with a different yarn, Canon Hand Dyes Gustave MCN Aran in Frank Wolverton Randall, the first shipment in the Among Friends Outlander Club .   This skein was rich and buttery, but with 180 yards, my garment selection would be limited to either a hat or a pair of mitts.   I wanted something with texture, and cables captured the Celtic, Outlander theme. I came across Caryl Pierre’s Chelsea Market pattern first.  I particularly liked the slouch effect and the chunky cable combined with the garter rows.  But after seeing a post in another Ravelry forum, I decided to use Justyna Lorkowska’s Sand Bank .  The reason for the change?  Cables.  I need more cables (said in my best Christopher Walken voice - pathetic, I know). Sand Bank Hat   That left the Chelsea Market Hat f...

Spring Cleaning – Whipping Out Shawl WIPs

I decided it was time for a little spring cleaning.  I had two shawls in different states of finishing: my Drops of Honey Shawl not started and Claire Randall Fraser one-quarter knit.   The Drops of Honey shawl is the first installment of Indie Untangled’s Where We Knit Club, and since I knew the next installment was shipping May 1, I was motivated to cast on-cast off. This is my first time using merino-silk yarn.   It was quite the treat!   The golden-honey hue is not one I would pick for my blue-grey-turquoise loving self, but I couldn’t be happier with the finished product.   It’s a great neutral and can be paired with anything.   My son, who was fascinated with this project, compared the shawl to honeycomb.   Sounds like something an aspiring knitter would say.   Besides the merino-silk fiber, this is also my first time knitting a Janina Kallio  pattern.   But it won’t be my last.   In the meantime, I’m woe...